Every season is a good opportunity to reevaluate your skincare wardrobe. Winter in my part of the world means cold and wind, but also sunny and dry. I am outside for at least an hour most days, and I have heating inside the house. My skin is telling me all about it.
Although I change up the products based on what looks good (ingredients and/or sexy packaging) and what my skin needs, these are the staples working for me right now.
What have I changed for winter?
More body exfoliation: I live in tights, and my legs need more love right now. And I’ve stepped up my body hydration as well, because I’m constantly covered in clothing at this time of year, but also the cooler weather means I forget to drink as much water as I would in summer.
Different body moisturiser: In summer I need more protective moisture on my exposed limbs, but in winter I only need that hydration after exfoliating. I’m actually using my face moisturiser on my arms and legs right now and it’s working beautifully.
All the lip balms: There is a lip balm everywhere you look in my house. Like a pen, I need to be able to turn around and put my hand on one at all times.
(I’m adding reviews of most products mentioned, so look out for links as they go live.)
- Cleanse – Alpha-H Triple Action Cleanser
- Barrier Repair – Alpha-H Vitamin B
- Antioxidant – Alpha-H Vitamin C
- Eye – The Inkey List Caffeine Eye Cream
- Hyaluronic Acid – Alpha-H Hyaluronic 8
- Moisturiser – Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly or Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing BB-gel
- Lips – Alpha-H Absolute Lip Perfector
- SPF – Alpha-H Protection Plus Daily SPF50+ or Aspect Sun Envirostat Face SPF50
I mix it up a little more in the evenings:
- Double cleanse – Drunk Elephant Slaai Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser
- Eye – Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum
- Lips – Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
- Vitamin A – Alpha-H Vitamin A with Evening Primrose
- Repairing – Alpha-H Vitamin E
- Moisturiser – Aspect Hydrating Mask
- Acid exfoliation – Alpha-H Liquid Gold
- Body exfoliation – Alpha-H Micro Cleanse Super Scrub; Skinstitut Glycolic Scrub 14%
- Clay mask – Alpha-H Balancing and Pore Refining Mask
And on my not-face parts:
- Cleanse – L’Occitane Almond Shower Oil
- Moisturiser – Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly
It’s an extensive list, but that’s my winter 2020 skincare routine. Can you see a lot of Alpha-H? Spoiler: I think most of their products are a great step up when you need to move on from your initial dabbling in the skincare world.